The Orano Group, based and Headquartered in France, provides its customers in the nuclear sector with high added-value products, technologies and services across all aspects of the nuclear cycle, from the mining of uranium ore, through to the reprocessing of irradiated nuclear fuel.
Orano, has a workforce of 16,000 employees, two-thirds of whom are based in France and one-third outside of France in continental Europe, the UK, North America, Asia, and the Far East.
The Orano Group is organised by Business Units, including Mining, Chemistry and Enrichment, Recycling, Nuclear Packages and Services, Dismantling and Services, and Projects.
Within the UK, Orano Projects Limited (OPL) is a distinct UK legal entity, and is a part of the Orano Projects Business Unit, with offices in Warrington, Abingdon, and Westlakes in Cumbria. OPL is currently organised into two principal departments, a Consultancy department providing safety consultancy services, and an Engineering department providing a range of engineering and project services.
OPL acts as the Orano “delivery platform” in the UK, undertaking work by wholly UK based staff, but also acting as the gateway to the full range of broader capabilities of the whole of the Orano Group, in particular the Recycling and Dismantling and Services Business Units.
You will be part of a successful Sales team providing professional bid content which clearly articulates the organisation's proposition in a form that can be readily interpreted by prospective customers.
The Bid Writer will work under the supervision of a Bid Manager.
The core responsibilities of the Bid Writer are:
- Lead storyboard sessions with the bid team and key stakeholders
- Lead the composing of bid responses to specific tender questions
- Proactively develop and manage a network of subject matter experts
- Assist the Bid Manager in developing a proposal structure
- Identify and re-work existing pre-written content where necessary
- Deliver completed written bid responses to the Bid Manager against agreed RFP deadlines, escalating issues as required
- Strong time management/ organisational skills
- Excellent written English language skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Required Profile: Education and Experience
A high-quality bid writer and wordsmith who can really bring a submission to life and someone who appreciates that quality and attention to detail are an integral part of their work.
The ideal candidate for this job should be able to write effective, concise and compelling bid content while under the pressure sometimes associated with deadlines. The ability to work successfully within a team and to get accurate, high quality information from all stakeholders in order to produce bid documents is essential.
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Ideally someone who is technically qualified (but not essential)
- An efficient and effective communicator
- Proficient in using MS Office
Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years bid writing experience, and must preferably have worked within a consulting or engineering business within the nuclear industry, but not essential. You must be a self-starter who is experienced in working to deadlines, whilst still maintaining a high degree of quality to your writing.