Want to feel like you are making a real difference in the Nuclear sector?
Come and join our talented team where you will play a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects.
At Orano, our people are our biggest asset. By investing in our staff and fostering a culture of continued professional development within the company, we combine the skills and experience of our teams with our commitment to a professional and high-quality level of service. We believe in the importance of developing and maintaining a good working environment to support staff development.
We understand that different people have different priorities, which is why we pride ourselves on our supportive and friendly environment and ability to provide flexible hybrid working arrangements. Site Locations Include: Warrington, Abingdon and or Westlakes.
Whether you’re working from an Orano office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. No matter where you sit in the organisation you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Engineering Manager to support the dismantling engineering team. The role will include managing activities and actions to be carried out in order to reach technically-viable and low-cost solutions to address the issues raised by projects.
Main duties will include the following:
- Co-ordination of the engineering team and definition of priorities in relation to the project objectives.
- To ensure that all interfaces data is correctly defined and justified. This will include working with radiological data, inventories and other data sources.
- Ensure that documentation is available and accessible in a central repository, including existing documents, photos, and background information.
- Interface management and document co-ordination.
- Follow-up of the major technical issues within the project, particularly those which cross functions and disciplines. This will include management of all relevant interfaces.
- Co-ordination of engineering teams to meet the requirements of the project and customer
- Management and arbitration of changes to the configuration of the engineering files.
- Occasional support to engineering teams, especially in the case of contractual exchanges with Material and Time suppliers where there is a need to provide a global vision of all requirements.
- Ensure that the services delivered by the teams meet the needs of the project in terms of cost and time.
- Close monitoring of costs and deadlines (schedule / cost information) for feedback of the issues to the various project functions and / or the project itself, and to ensure the best possible solutions for maintaining project performance indicators (BV / CP, CPI, SPI).
What you can bring:
- Relevant Engineering degree, and be a Chartered Engineer.
- 8+ Years’ Experience.
- Previous experience in a Nuclear Site or other highly regulated site
- Hold a minimum of ‘SC’ UK Security Clearance.
- Proven Leadership.
- Recognised SME.
- A drive for results to exceed challenging targets, a thirst for knowledge and a desire to continuously improve.
Why work for Orano:
Orano’s purpose is to provide customers with high performing products and services throughout the nuclear fuel cycle, thereby fully contributing to the efficient production of low-carbon nuclear energy, cancer-fighting radioisotopes, and innovative industrial applications.
Globally headquarters in Paris, with 16,000 employees worldwide, Orano includes eight primary business lines: Mining; Conversion & Enrichment; Logistics, for managing used nuclear fuel; Recycling & Nuclear Waste Management; Decommissioning & Dismantling; Nuclear Fuel Cycle Engineering; Operations Support, including radiological safety; and Nuclear Medicine.
These fuel cycle activities are of strategic importance to both the French nuclear sector and all customers operating reactors worldwide. Our clients are our number one priority and we are committed to providing a professional service to the highest standards of quality. We are a friendly company, place great emphasis on our working relationships and recognise the importance of partnering in our work.
Our ethos aligns with the Orano values of customer satisfaction; continuous improvement; respect and people development; exemplarity, integrity and responsibility; cohesion and team spirit. Building on these values, we have fostered a working culture that prioritises safety, performance and respect for everyone we work with, whether this relates to our clients, partners, or our own staff.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities and diversity and is opposed to any kind of less favourable treatment or financial reward to our employees or job applicants on the grounds of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background. We welcome all applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, a competitive salary, annual bonus scheme, hybrid working, free secure on-site parking and a great benefits package, including private medical insurance, non-contribution pension scheme, Enhanced Maternity Pay, Group Income Protection and Group Life Insurance.