Want to feel like you are making a real difference in the Nuclear sector?
Come and join our talented team where you will play a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects.
At Orano, our people are our biggest asset. By investing in our staff and fostering a culture of continued professional development within the company, we combine the skills and experience of our teams with our commitment to a professional and high-quality level of service. We believe in the importance of developing and maintaining a good working environment to support staff development.
We understand that different people have different priorities, which is why we pride ourselves on our supportive and friendly environment and ability to provide flexible hybrid working arrangements. Site Locations Include: Warrington, Abingdon and or Westlakes.
Whether you’re working from an Orano office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. No matter where you sit in the organisation you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
Based at Birchwood Park in Warrington, the waste consultant will provide technical expertise and utilises relevant experience to deliver effective and tailored waste management solutions to a variety of clients in the UK nuclear industry for decommissioning. The role involves engaging with clients, collaborating with different functions with Orano and seeking to establish mutually beneficial partnerships with external organisations to deliver tangible value. The role might be required to support senior management in ensuring continuing success of the business by providing support to proposals/bids, delivering internal activities, and seeking and implementing improvement initiatives.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivering tasks in waste management, and in other areas as required, according to the contract specification to clients as per business priority
- Working with project managers to build waste management plans
- Contributing to business development by supporting proposals/bids, delivering internal activities and seeking and implementing improvement initiatives
- Developing and implement characterisation strategies and produce sampling and analysis plans
- Undertaking activities in support of continuous professional development
- Delivering high quality waste consultancy, train junior, and develop the team
What you can bring:
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in engineering, science or related field of study. Postgraduate qualification is desirable
- Awareness of UK government policy on management of radioactive waste and UK nuclear industry and nuclear fuel cycle
- Knowledge and experience of charaterisation of waste
- Relevant experience/knowledge in analytical tools and techniques/waste characterisation techniques for developing inventories of radioactive waste
- Knowledge of principles of Best Available Techniques (BAT) assessments
- Knowledge in radioactive waste treatment, processing, and conditioning for storage and waste routing
- Understanding of compliance with Waste Acceptance Criteria/Conditions for Acceptance
- Experience in supporting to produce waste management plans. Understanding in the packaging and transportation of radioactive waste
- Experience in the support for writing and delivering a presentation on technical subjects to clients and other stakeholders to convey a message/finding of a project in clear and effective manner
- Experience in writing a technical report/memo on technical subjects to clients’ requirements to convey message/findings of a project in clear and effective manner in good English
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Quality and results driven
- Good presentational, influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to identify and minimise risks
- Ability to motivate and support team members
- Ability to establish and maintain influential working relationships at all levels / disciplines internally and externally
- Organisation and prioritisation skills
- Ability to manage own workload and work autonomously within the parameters of the role
- Demonstrate commitment to always working safely
Why work for Orano:
Orano’s purpose is to provide customers with high performing products and services throughout the nuclear fuel cycle, thereby fully contributing to the efficient production of low-carbon nuclear energy, cancer-fighting radioisotopes, and innovative industrial applications.
Globally headquarters in Paris, with 16,000 employees worldwide, Orano includes eight primary business lines: Mining; Conversion & Enrichment; Logistics, for managing used nuclear fuel; Recycling & Nuclear Waste Management; Decommissioning & Dismantling; Nuclear Fuel Cycle Engineering; Operations Support, including radiological safety; and Nuclear Medicine.
These fuel cycle activities are of strategic importance to both the French nuclear sector and all customers operating reactors worldwide. Our clients are our number one priority and we are committed to providing a professional service to the highest standards of quality. We are a friendly company, place great emphasis on our working relationships and recognise the importance of partnering in our work.
Our ethos aligns with the Orano values of customer satisfaction; continuous improvement; respect and people development; exemplarity, integrity and responsibility; cohesion and team spirit. Building on these values, we have fostered a working culture that prioritises safety, performance and respect for everyone we work with, whether this relates to our clients, partners, or our own staff.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities and diversity and is opposed to any kind of less favourable treatment or financial reward to our employees or job applicants on the grounds of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background. We welcome all applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, a competitive salary, annual bonus scheme, hybrid working, and a great benefits package, including private medical insurance, non-contribution pension scheme, Enhanced Maternity Pay, Group Income Protection and Group Life Insurance.