Want to feel like you are making a real difference in the Nuclear sector?
Come and join our talented team where you will play a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects.
At Orano, our people are our biggest asset. By investing in our staff and fostering a culture of continued professional development within the company, we combine the skills and experience of our teams with our commitment to a professional and high-quality level of service. We believe in the importance of developing and maintaining a good working environment to support staff development.
We understand that different people have different priorities, which is why we pride ourselves on our supportive and friendly environment and ability to provide flexible hybrid working arrangements. Site Locations Include: Warrington, Abingdon and or Westlakes.
Whether you’re working from an Orano office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. No matter where you sit in the organisation you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
Shaping your future
This exciting and innovative graduate programme is designed to develop talented individuals who will grow and potentially lead our business in the future.
You will gain full appreciation of the nuclear lifecycle, and understand how Orano Limited have earned an enviable reputation, built on the principles of quality, service and trust.
Each graduate is allocated a mentor over a two-year period, who will work closely with you to support the induction process and your subsequent career development.
Orano Limited delivers all aspects of DQO related activities, including but not limited to Site delicensing, waste characterisation, Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear (CBRN), and support to decommissioning and safety cases.
Over the next two years, your work here will have a real impact on making our world safer both for now and for future generations to come. This early exposure will equip you with the breadth of knowledge to ensure you start off with a strong footing in your career with us.
As a Graduate DQO Consultant, you will support senior management in ensuring continuing success of the business by providing technical support to projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivering tasks on DQO related activities, and in other areas as required, according to the contract specification to clients as per business priority.
- Production of Site History Files;
- Preparation and delivery of DQO Workshops (including the production of DQO reports);
- Production of Sampling and Analysis Plans using state of the art software (Visual Sample Plan);
- Preparation and delivery of Data Quality Assessment (DQA) Workshops (including the production of DQA reports using statistical methods);
- Production of Dose Justification reports;
- Provision of advice to clients with respect to sampling methods and requirements, in order to meet project or regulatory assessment criteria;
- Representing the DQO project team at client and regulatory meetings where necessary.
- Contributing to organisational learning and development by sharing learning and providing training and coaching to junior members of team and across organisation.
- Contributing to business development by supporting proposals/bids, delivering internal activities and seeking and implementing improvement initiatives and building on job opportunities.
- Undertaking activities in support of continuous professional development.
We are much more interested in what you could do, than what you have already done.
To be eligible for this opportunity, you will:
- Have a degree (or working towards) in a relevant subject
- Eligible to work in the UK without visa sponsorship (unfortunately we do not sponsor visas at this level)
In addition to this, you will also:
- Have excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing
- Have excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members
- Be curious in your thinking and apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions
- Have the ability to use your own initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently
- Be results driven mentality with an ability to achieve set objectives
- Be enthusiastic about your own career development and a motivation to learn
Why work for Orano Limited
Orano’s purpose is to provide customers with high performing products and services throughout the nuclear fuel cycle, thereby fully contributing to the efficient production of low-carbon nuclear energy, cancer-fighting radioisotopes, and innovative industrial applications.
Globally headquarters in Paris, with 16,000 employees worldwide, Orano includes eight primary business lines: Mining; Conversion & Enrichment; Logistics, for managing used nuclear fuel; Recycling & Nuclear Waste Management; Decommissioning & Dismantling; Nuclear Fuel Cycle Engineering; Operations Support, including radiological safety; and Nuclear Medicine.
These fuel cycle activities are of strategic importance to both the French nuclear sector and all customers operating reactors worldwide. Our clients are our number one priority and we are committed to providing a professional service to the highest standards of quality. We are a friendly company, place great emphasis on our working relationships and recognise the importance of partnering in our work.
Our ethos aligns with the Orano values of customer satisfaction; continuous improvement; respect and people development; exemplarity, integrity and responsibility; cohesion and team spirit. Building on these values, we have fostered a working culture that prioritises safety, performance and respect for everyone we work with, whether this relates to our clients, partners, or our own staff.
At Orano, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice we are opposed to any kind of less favourable treatment or financial reward to our employees or job applicants on the grounds of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background. We welcome all applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays. You will also get an additional 1 day off for every 1-year service which is capped at 30
- A competitive salary
- Professional Membership
- Private medical insurance
- Non-contribution pension scheme
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Insurance
- Sports allowance
- Online Discount Platform