Want to feel like you are making a real difference in the Nuclear sector?
Come and join our talented team where you will play a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects.
At Orano, our people are our biggest asset. By investing in our staff and fostering a culture of continued professional development within the company, we combine the skills and experience of our teams with our commitment to a professional and high-quality level of service. We believe in the importance of developing and maintaining a good working environment to support staff development.
We understand that different people have different priorities, which is why we pride ourselves on our supportive and friendly environment and ability to provide flexible hybrid working arrangements. Site Locations Include: Warrington, Abingdon and or Westlakes.
Whether you’re working from an Orano office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. No matter where you sit in the organisation you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
- The role is based at our Warrington of Abingdon office
- Travel will be required on occasion between Orano offices and Client sites
Within the Decommissioning and Dismantling (D&D) discipline of Orano Limited, you will participate in core D&D engineering tasks and activities, ranging from decommissioning planning, design and waste handling studies to dismantling, demolition and delicensing tasks.
The four core pillars of the D&D discipline at Orano Limited are:
- Investigations and Characterisations
- Dismantling and Demolition
You will intervene throughout the full life cycle of decommissioning projects: Feasibility, Preliminary Design Stage, Detail Design Stage, Construction/Commissioning.
You will be responsible for delivering innovative engineering solutions to decommissioning challenges both across the UK and in an international setting.
As a Decommissioning and Dismantling Engineer at Orano Limited, you will be involved in a variety of specialist tasks. This could include:
- Optioneering and Feasibility Studies
- Decommissioning Planning
- Input data collection, conditioning, and validation
- Development of multi-phase decommissioning plans
- Development of Decommissioning Flow Diagrams
- Scheduling and sequencing
- Throughput modelling
- Bespoke Studies
- Post-Operational Clean Out (POCO) Planning
- Investigation and Characterisation Planning
- Dismantling and Size Reduction Planning and Design
- Preparation of Method Statements and Design Risk Assessments
- Supporting Hazard Identification process e.g., HAZOP and HAZID
- Preparation of tender documents and technical responses for decommissioning works
Behavioural Qualities Required
- Proactivity – ability to independently seek out or develop one’s own answer to challenging technical questions.
- Questioning attitude – ability to analyse situations and challenge the conditions, activities or solutions to support continuous improvement and develop areas of best practice
- Organisational excellence – ability to organise one’s own time and the time of others to ensure internal / external deadlines are achieved and Client expectations are exceeded
- Reactivity - ability to respond quickly and effectively to unforeseen situations
- Integrity and Inclusivity – ability to take responsibility for one’s own actions and foster an inclusive working environment where all members of the team are respected and given equal opportunity to participate
Preferred Role Requirements
The D&D team encourage diversity of thought and welcome applications of candidates with transferable skills that can be applied to nuclear decommissioning projects, therefore, there are no minimum role requirements and candidates will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
The preferred role requirements are as follows:
- BSc/MSc or BEng/MEng in a relevant nuclear engineering, decommissioning, waste management or engineering (preferably with a specialist in nuclear) field
- Experience in nuclear decommissioning or waste management projects OR in the field of nuclear operations / nuclear power generation OR translatable experience in a similarly highly regulated industry
- Willingness to obtain a security clearance
- 3+ years professional engineering/technical specialist experience
Why work for Orano Limited
Orano’s purpose is to provide customers with high performing products and services throughout the nuclear fuel cycle, thereby fully contributing to the efficient production of low-carbon nuclear energy, cancer-fighting radioisotopes, and innovative industrial applications.
Globally headquarters in Paris, with 16,000 employees worldwide, Orano includes eight primary business lines: Mining; Conversion & Enrichment; Logistics, for managing used nuclear fuel; Recycling & Nuclear Waste Management; Decommissioning & Dismantling; Nuclear Fuel Cycle Engineering; Operations Support, including radiological safety; and Nuclear Medicine.
These fuel cycle activities are of strategic importance to both the French nuclear sector and all customers operating reactors worldwide. Our clients are our number one priority and we are committed to providing a professional service to the highest standards of quality. We are a friendly company, place great emphasis on our working relationships and recognise the importance of partnering in our work.
Our ethos aligns with the Orano values of customer satisfaction; continuous improvement; respect and people development; exemplarity, integrity and responsibility; cohesion and team spirit. Building on these values, we have fostered a working culture that prioritises safety, performance and respect for everyone we work with, whether this relates to our clients, partners, or our own staff.
At Orano, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome, and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice we are opposed to any kind of less favourable treatment or financial reward to our employees or job applicants on the grounds of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background. We welcome all applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays. You will also get an additional 1 day off for every 1-year service which is capped at 30
- A competitive salary
- One Professional Membership subscription paid for by the company
- Private medical insurance
- Non-contribution pension scheme
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Insurance
- Sports allowance
- Online discount platform