Within the engineering project team of Orano Projects Limited, you will participate in decommissioning design studies and waste management.
You will intervene throughout the life of the project (Feasibility/ Preliminary Design Stage, detail Design stage, Construction stage). Projects may involve facilities located at different nuclear sites (Sellafield, Dounreay…)
Main missions are as follows
As a "Nuclear decommissioning & dismantling" engineer, you will have the following missions:
- The constitution of the basic data (collecting input data from sites)
- The design of the overall scenarios including definition of Post-Operation Clean-up activities (POCO)
- The design of the implementation of these scenarios (modifications, requirements, technologies to be implemented) in interfaces with other technical engineering disciplines
- Waste strategy
- Development and verification of technical documents (physical or radiological inventories, waste management technical notes, scenario synoptic, associated scheduling, estimation of the blue collar work hours, arrangement means to be implemented, specifications ...),
- The preparation of tender documents,
You will carry out the studies entrusted to you by a project engineer or project manager responsible for the dismantling studies of a facility.
You will participate in the coordination meetings with the team members, follow the technical, planning and financial advancements, you are responsible for the costs and deadlines for the services you are responsible for
Behavioural qualities required
- Rigour (organisation and method for carrying out all the actions to be carried out, respect of procedures and deadlines).
- Relational and team spirit (participate in the development of a serene working atmosphere within the unit and have the sense to provide mutual help to colleagues)
- Reactivity (ability to respond quickly and effectively to unforeseen situations, while respecting the deadlines set daily)
- M.Sc./M.Eng in Process engineering with specialization in nuclear process
- Experience in the field of dismantling project and nuclear waste management.
- 4 to 7 yrs professional engineering experience
Based in Westlakes (Cumbria) but with regular travel to Warrington and France