Want to feel like you are making a real difference in the Nuclear sector?
Come and join our talented team where you will play a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects.
At Orano, our people are our biggest asset. By investing in our staff and fostering a culture of continued professional development within the company, we combine the skills and experience of our teams with our commitment to a professional and high-quality level of service. We believe in the importance of developing and maintaining a good working environment to support staff development.
We understand that different people have different priorities, which is why we pride ourselves on our supportive and friendly environment and ability to provide flexible hybrid working arrangements.
Whether you’re working from an Orano office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. No matter where you sit in the organisation you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
- The role is based at our Warrington office
- Travel will be required on occasion between Orano offices and Client sites
Within the Engineering team, the Mechanical Engineer will integrate operational engineering multi-disciplines teams delivering projects at various phases, from FEED to commissioning, or in assistance to Plant Operation in the UK.
The assignments will be on projects:
- Deliver and manage technical studies.
- Design of mechanical processes, from strategic and conceptual phases to detailed design and construction & commissioning phase support. Typical deliverables will be issued: technical note, substantiation notes, mechanical flow diagrams and flow-sheets, mechanical drawings, P&IDs, and mechanical layout drawings, hazards and malfunctions management, technical specification documentation review from supply chain.
- Technical studies related to mechanical handling for both handling operations and heavy mechanical transfer systems, powder mechanical processes (transport, milling, and compaction) in high active environment and gloveboxes, compaction and mechanical dismantling technologies.
- Technical networking within Orano, including with Orano experts.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or other relevant degree plus a minimum of 2 years’ experience working on UK nuclear sites.
- Member of relevant professional body is desirable.
- Knowledge of engineering design (development, FEED, detailed design, technical specification, documentation review from supply chain) and engineering team management in the nuclear industry or other regulated sectors.
- Knowledge of mechanical studies delivery (Mechanical handling, powder technologies) considering manufacture, testing, construction commissioning, operation, maintenance recovery and decommissioning aspects.
- Experience of delivering projects for Sellafield or Magnox sites (desirable).
We value the transferable skills you gained from your previous work or personal experiences. we’re looking for people who are:
- Good communicators and listeners
Why work for Orano Limited
Orano’s purpose is to provide customers with high performing products and services throughout the nuclear fuel cycle, thereby fully contributing to the efficient production of low-carbon nuclear energy, cancer-fighting radioisotopes, and innovative industrial applications.
Globally headquarters in Paris, with 16,000 employees worldwide, Orano includes eight primary business lines: Mining; Conversion & Enrichment; Logistics, for managing used nuclear fuel; Recycling & Nuclear Waste Management; Decommissioning & Dismantling; Nuclear Fuel Cycle Engineering; Operations Support, including radiological safety; and Nuclear Medicine.
These fuel cycle activities are of strategic importance to both the French nuclear sector and all customers operating reactors worldwide. Our clients are our number one priority and we are committed to providing a professional service to the highest standards of quality. We are a friendly company, place great emphasis on our working relationships and recognise the importance of partnering in our work.
Our ethos aligns with the Orano values of customer satisfaction; continuous improvement; respect and people development; exemplarity, integrity and responsibility; cohesion and team spirit. Building on these values, we have fostered a working culture that prioritises safety, performance and respect for everyone we work with, whether this relates to our clients, partners, or our own staff.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities and diversity and is opposed to any kind of less favourable treatment or financial reward to our employees or job applicants on the grounds of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background. We welcome all applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
At Orano, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice we are opposed to any kind of less favourable treatment or financial reward to our employees or job applicants on the grounds of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background. We welcome all applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays. You will also get an additional 1 day off for every 1-year service which is capped at 30
- A competitive salary
- Professional Membership
- Annual bonus scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Non-contribution pension scheme
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Insurance
- Sports allowance
- Online discount platform