Want to feel like you are making a real difference in the Nuclear sector?
Come and join our talented team where you will play a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects.
At Orano, our people are our biggest asset. By investing in our staff and fostering a culture of continued professional development within the company, we combine the skills and experience of our teams with our commitment to a professional and high-quality level of service. We believe in the importance of developing and maintaining a good working environment to support staff development.
We understand that different people have different priorities, which is why we pride ourselves on our supportive and friendly environment and ability to provide flexible hybrid working arrangements. Whether you’re working from an Orano office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. No matter where you sit in the organisation you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
Location: Warrington or Abingdon
The Safety Case consultant will support our clients as part of an Orano team in projects of new build, decommissioning or ongoing operational facilities in providing safety cases and associated assessments. To ensure work is delivered to a high standard, timely and to the programme agreed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and present robust and reasoned arguments in a rational and coherent manner
- Delivering consultancy that meets, and exceeds the expectations of the client, in regard to technical excellence and the quality of deliverables
- Delivering consultancy that meets, and exceeds the expectations of the client, in terms of timescales and cost, in a way that supports the long-term growth of the business and its reputation
- Managing this work (in the form of small to medium sized projects) either as a project or technical lead
- Delivering the work within budget and to the agreed programme whilst keeping track of the project (all aspects)
- Liaising with all concerned of both technical and commercial progress
- Developing skills in growing project
- Identifying opportunities with clients and supporting, mentoring, coaching and helping others to develop within the business
What you can bring
- 5+ years’ experience within a similar role
- A Degree or equivalent in engineering, science or related field of study
- Previous experience working within the Nuclear industry
- Understanding of the safety case production process and methodologies
- Familiarity with areas such as decommissioning, optioneering, best practice, human factors, radioactive materials transport, licensing/de-licensing, radioactive waste
Why work for Orano Limited
Orano’s purpose is to provide customers with high performing products and services throughout the nuclear fuel cycle, thereby fully contributing to the efficient production of low-carbon nuclear energy, cancer-fighting radioisotopes, and innovative industrial applications.
Globally headquarters in Paris, with 16,000 employees worldwide, Orano includes eight primary business lines: Mining; Conversion & Enrichment; Logistics, for managing used nuclear fuel; Recycling & Nuclear Waste Management; Decommissioning & Dismantling; Nuclear Fuel Cycle Engineering; Operations Support, including radiological safety; and Nuclear Medicine.
These fuel cycle activities are of strategic importance to both the French nuclear sector and all customers operating reactors worldwide. Our clients are our number one priority and we are committed to providing a professional service to the highest standards of quality. We are a friendly company, place great emphasis on our working relationships and recognise the importance of partnering in our work.
Our ethos aligns with the Orano values of customer satisfaction; continuous improvement; respect and people development; exemplarity, integrity and responsibility; cohesion and team spirit. Building on these values, we have fostered a working culture that prioritises safety, performance and respect for everyone we work with, whether this relates to our clients, partners, or our own staff.
At Orano, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice we are opposed to any kind of less favourable treatment or financial reward to our employees or job applicants on the grounds of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background. We welcome all applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays. You will also get an additional 1 day off for every 1-year service which is capped at 30
- A competitive salary
- Professional Membership
- Annual bonus scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Non-contribution pension scheme
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Insurance
- Sports allowance
- Online discount platform