Want to feel like you are making a real difference in the nuclear sector?
Come and join our talented team where you will play a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects.
At Orano, our people are our biggest asset. By investing in our staff and fostering a culture of continued professional development within the company, we combine the skills and experience of our teams with our commitment to a professional and high-quality level of service. We believe in the importance of developing and maintaining a good working environment to support staff development.
We understand that different people have different priorities, which is why we pride ourselves on our supportive and friendly environment and ability to provide flexible hybrid working arrangements. Site Locations Include: Warrington, Abingdon and or Westlakes.
Whether you are working from an Orano office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. No matter where you sit in the organisation you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
- The role can be based at our Abingdon or Warrington office
- Travel may be required on occasion between Orano offices and Client sites
Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time, 37-hour week
Purpose of Position
An Environmental and Delicensing (E&D) Consultant provides technical expertise and utilises relevant experience to deliver effective and tailored systematic solutions, in order to generate defensible strategies to a variety of clients in the UK nuclear and non-nuclear industry. The role engages with clients, regulators, and collaborates with different functions within Orano and seeks to establish mutually beneficial partnerships with external organisations to deliver tangible value. The Senior role includes the management and delivery of technical projects, as well as identifying new opportunities with clients and supporting, mentoring, coaching and helping others to develop within the business.
Role and Responsibilities
- Delivering tasks on environmental and delicensing related activities, and supporting other disciplines as required, according to the contract specification of the clients as per business priority.
- Carrying out desk-based and client-based research and produce site history/desktop study documentation.
- Preparation and delivery of site workshops (including the production of supporting documentation).
- Where applicable, production of sampling and analysis plans using Visual Sample Plan (VSP) software, using statistical and non-statical methods.
- Preparation and delivery of data assessment (including the production of assessment reports using statistical and non-statistical methods).
- Production of dose justification reports.
- Provision of advice to clients with respect to sampling methods and requirements, in order to meet project or regulatory assessment criteria.
- Representing the project team at client and regulatory meetings where necessary.
- Gaining experienced in the use of the DQO methodology.
- Sharing learning and providing training and coaching to other members of team and across the organisation.
- Contributing to business development by supporting proposals/bids, delivering internal activities and seeking and implementing improvement initiatives and building on job opportunities.
- Undertaking activities in support of continuous professional development.
- Delivering consultancy that meets, and exceeds the expectations of the client, in regard to technical excellence and the quality of deliverables.
- Delivering consultancy that meets, and exceeds the expectations of the client, in terms of timescales and cost, in a way that supports the long-term growth of the business and its reputation.
- Managing this work (in the form of small to medium sized projects) either as a project or technical lead.
- Delivering the work within budget and to the agreed programme whilst keeping track of the project (all aspects).
- Liaising with all concerned of both technical and commercial progress.
- Developing knowledge and skills to support growth of the business.
Preferred Role Requirements
The E&D team encourage diversity of thought and welcome applications of candidates with transferable skills that can be applied to our projects, therefore, there are no minimum role requirements and candidates will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
The requirements for this role are as follows:
- 5+ years relevant experience in either the nuclear or environmental sector.
- A relevant degree in environmental science, radioactive waste management or equivalent.
- Understanding of the Data Quality Objectives process and methodologies.
- Familiarity with at least one of these areas: optioneering, best practicable means, radioactive materials transport, environmental science, licensing/delicensing, contaminated land, environmental impact assessments (EIA), environmental auditing, environmental permitting.
We value the transferable skills you gained from your previous work or personal experiences. we’re looking for people who are:
- Good communicators and listeners
Why work for Orano Limited
Orano’s purpose is to provide customers with high performing products and services throughout the nuclear fuel cycle, thereby fully contributing to the efficient production of low-carbon nuclear energy, cancer-fighting radioisotopes, and innovative industrial applications.
Globally headquarters in Paris, with 16,000 employees worldwide, Orano includes eight primary business lines: Mining; Conversion & Enrichment; Logistics, for managing used nuclear fuel; Recycling & Nuclear Waste Management; Decommissioning & Dismantling; Nuclear Fuel Cycle Engineering; Operations Support, including radiological safety; and Nuclear Medicine.
These fuel cycle activities are of strategic importance to both the French nuclear sector and all customers operating reactors worldwide. Our clients are our number one priority and we are committed to providing a professional service to the highest standards of quality. We are a friendly company, place great emphasis on our working relationships and recognise the importance of partnering in our work.
Our ethos aligns with the Orano values of customer satisfaction; continuous improvement; respect and people development; exemplarity, integrity and responsibility; cohesion and team spirit. Building on these values, we have fostered a working culture that prioritises safety, performance and respect for everyone we work with, whether this relates to our clients, partners, or our own staff.
At Orano, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice we are opposed to any kind of less favourable treatment or financial reward to our employees or job applicants on the grounds of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background. We welcome all applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays. You will also get an additional 1 day off for every 1-year service which is capped at 5
- A competitive salary
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- One Professional Membership subscription paid for by the company
- Private medical insurance
- Non-contribution pension scheme
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Insurance
- Sports allowance
- Online discount platform